Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I cried a chocolatier...

My husband says I must bleed chocolate and so I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite chocolate recipes.

Here is my favorite chocolate chip cookie:

2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 whole egg
1 egg yolk
2 cups semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
1 cup chopped nuts (optional)

Heat oven to 375 degrees. In a bowl, mix together flour, baking powder & salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugars & vanilla till the batter lightens and is fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, beat well. Gradually add flour mixture, beating well. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts, if desired. Drop by rounded teaspoons or tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 10-13 minutes or until lightly browned. (If you overcook these, they will be crunchy) Leave on cookie sheet for 2 minutes, then cool on a wire rack.

Pan version:
Spread batter in greased 15 X 10 X 1 jelly roll pan. Bake at 375 for 20 minutes. Cool completely, cut into about 4 dozen bars.


This next cookie recipe is from my good friend, Jen, who forgot she even gave to me. It is yummy!!

Double Chocolate Cookies

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 brick (8 ounce) cream cheese
2 1/4 cups flour
1/2 cup cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups chocolate chips

Cream butter, sugars & vanilla. Beat in eggs. Add softened cream cheese, beat until smooth. Gradually add dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375 degrees for 10-13 minutes.


This next recipe is from the Hershey's Chocolate Lover's Cookbook that I got when I was first married. Whenever a recipe calls for a brownie mix, I just use these.

Hershey's Best Brownies

1 cup (2 sticks) butter
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-2 cups chocolate chips, optional
1 cup chopped nuts, optional

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 13 X 9 baking pan. In large microwave-safe bowl, melt butter. Stir in sugar and vanilla. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with a whisk or spoon after each addition. Add cocoa; beat until well blended. Add flour, baking powder & salt; beat well. Stir in chocolate chips & nuts, if desired. Bake 30-35 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from sides of pan. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Cut in bars.

Happy Baking, everyone!
I would be happy to make any of these for you if you don't want to!
Seriously, I would-maybe $5 a dozen or so to cover cost of ingredients. And don't forget I have yummy chocolate chips for sale at my house!

1 comment:

  1. too bad it is soooooo dang hot or I would bake some of these.

    ReplyDelete