Sunday, September 13, 2009

One great and busy week!



This was probably one of the busiest weeks I have had since school started. We found out my husband's niece was getting married, so I decided to make her a t.v. quilt. I think I made this in about a week and 1/2, sewing nonstop. It was fun to have a project again after not doing much of anything during the summer. I happened to have her colors in some leftover fabric on my sewing table. I hope she likes it and doesn't look at it too close! :)
Anyway, Monday, we got invited to K's friend's house for a BBQ, then Wednesday was the wedding dinner, Thursday was the wedding in Bountiful (which was fun for us since that is where Big S and I were married almost 14 years ago, can you believe that?). Thursday night was the reception and my sister-in-law hosted the reception in her back yard, it was really beautiful. Friday I made 3 different kinds of cheesecakes for a baby shower and went to Taste of Home's cooking show at the Dee Events Center with a friend, and Saturday, I made a baby blanket for my cousin's baby shower (I just sewed a 3 inch ribbon around a yard and half of fleece, again I hope she doesn't look at it too close...I have never done that before and thought I could just wing it but....oh well, it was cute anyway. Well, until her mom pulled out a beautiful sailboat quilt!) Then it was on to my cousin's baby shower and a few hours later, I went to a suprise baby shower for my friend, Jen.
To top it off, the chocolate season is starting and I have about 250 letters to send out. I had to buy a new Word program because my other program quit working. I also have to teach the lesson in my ward next Sunday and just started preparing it.
I am grateful for this week cause I don't have anything to do but get my chocolate business going again.

Whew, just looking at my post makes me tired. But it has been a fun week, I just love weddings. It makes me want to get married all over again. Girls these days are so creative with their weddings.







4 comments:

  1. Way cute pics! I LOVE the quilt top! you had a good week! I am glad you got so much done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you busy woman! Love the pics. Haven't seen you forever! You're looking so gorgeous!! Glad you had fun doing some projects again. You're welcome to come to my house any time and finish mine, okay!!!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now I'm going to have to look closely at Collin's new blanket :) - just kidding! We love it! And as for the sailboat quilt, yes it is beautiful, but that means I'm afraid to use it, so it is folded in the closet! I've got the blanket you made spread out on the floor... although Collin STILL hates tummy time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel your pain. I feel like I've been running nonstop for the past month. I love your dress. It is so cute.

    ReplyDelete